To be honest, there are circumstances that I don’t feel very thankful for.
Sometimes I don’t want to thank Him because it makes me feel helpless and I prefer to do something to “fix” the circumstances.
Have you ever felt that way?
Other times, I honestly don’t want to thank Him because I feel that I am resigning myself to believing that things will never get better.
Right now, I am choosing to go ahead and thank God for circumstances even before I feel thankful.
You can do the same!
Start with How You Feel
“God, I don’t feel thankful right now. I honestly don’t want to thank you for this circumstance.
Your word says for me to thank you FOR all circumstances – Ephesians 5:20
Please help me to thank you.”
Thank Him Right Now
Choose your own prayer or pick any of these:
• Thank You for this challenge.
• Thank You that I need your help.
• Thank You that You are already working in the situation.
• Thank You that is not too big for You.
Ask for Wisdom
God, if there’s something that You want me to do, please show me and equip me to do what’s necessary.
If You want me to accept what I cannot change, may I surrender to You.
Watch for God’s Activity
Each time might be a little different, but some of the things that can happen as you give thanks to God:
- Negative thought patterns can gradually grow weaker.
- He gives you joy not based on your circumstances.
- You can sense His presence more fully.
- You can see circumstances from God’s perspective.
- His presence fills you with joy and peace.
- Instead of trying to be in control, you focus on what God is doing.
Confident Hope Overflows
People will see God in you rather than your own strength.
You will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. – Romans 15:13
Your abundant life not based on circumstances will overflow.
Question: What are you thanking God for today? You can answer in the comments below.